Monday, January 25, 2010

Baked Ziti


I didn't really have a recipe for this, just put it all together. It was really very good and easy.

8 oz. dry ziti pasta
26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce (I used Classico tomato and basil)
1 pound ground italian sausage (I used Johnsonville Natural ground)
shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese
kraft parmesan cheese

Brown the ground italian sausage and boil the ziti according to package directions, drain both. Pour a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 dish. Mix the rest of the sauce with the pasta and italian sausage until well combined. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with a little parmesan and then top with the shredded mozzarella and provolone cheeses. I only used about 1/4 cup to save some calories. I also only did it on half for the non-cheese lovers. I covered the dish with foil sprayed with non-stick spray and baked it for about 25 minutes, just until it was bubbly at the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment