Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Betty Crocker App and Au Gratin Chicken Bake

I downloaded the Betty Crocker app for free a while back. I was waiting for the girls to come out of school the other day and decided to use the browse feature and round out my menu plans for the week. I love this app-- lots of great recipes on the go. You can even make shopping lists. I originally chose this recipe because I knew I had everything on hand in the pantry and freezer. This recipe was a keeper as Madison and I loved it, Jared liked it enough that he said to make it again, and Gabrielle even managed to choke it down. The chicken turned out very tender and delicious-- and my favorite part is that it is one of those all in one dishes. Sure you could make chicken, broccoli, and scalloped potatoes all seperately, but this was great flavor combo and one serving dish to clean up. I left the cheese off of one piece of chicken for Jared (put extra on Gabrielle's) I used a white and yellow cheddar marble cheese and shredded it instead of slices on top. I also seasoned the chicken with garlic salt and Lawrey's seasoned salt. Here is the recipe:

1 bag (14 oz) Green Giant Select® frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
1
box (7.8 oz) Betty Crocker® Deluxe creamy Cheddar au gratin potatoes (I had regular Au Gratin)
2
  cups boiling water
tablespoons margarine or butter
1/2
cup milk
4
  boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 lb)
slices (1 oz each) Cheddar cheese, cut diagonally in half
  1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 11x7-inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
  2. Spread broccoli in baking dish. Stir Potatoes, Sauce Mix, Cheese Sauce, boiling water and margarine in medium bowl. Stir in milk. Spread over broccoli. Place chicken breast halves on potato mixture.
  3. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Place cheese slices on chicken. Sprinkle with Topping. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Let stand 5 minutes or until sauce is as thick as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment