Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beef Enchiladas


As a general rule, I only buy McCormick seasoning mixes. Every recipe I have tried them with has worked and tasted really good. I always use their taco seasoning mixes, and their chicken chili is the best. Last night I made the beef enchiladas recipe. I used lean ground beef, but you could also use shredded beef. I served them with rice, chips, and salsa.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups water
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 package McCormick® Enchilada Sauce Mix
1 pound ground beef
8 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix water, tomato sauce and Sauce Mix in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.

2. Meanwhile, brown beef in medium skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Stir 1/2 cup sauce into meat.

3. Coat each tortilla with sauce. Spoon 3 tablespoons of meat mixture down center of each tortilla. Fold over tortillas sides. Place seam-side down in lightly greased 12x8-inch baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese.

4. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment