Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grilled Steak Fries with Dijon Mayonnaise


If I had to choose a "last meal", I would have to say give me a nice grilled steak sandwich and some crispy potato wedges. Not that I plan on being on death row anytime EVER, but anyway, that's how much i love that meal. Tonight we did some grilled potato wedges and they turned out really nice. I did the cheese step on the plate since I was the only one that wanted the cheese, but it worked just fine.

This recipe is from Cuisine At Home (yes, mom, I still have your magazines!)
This recipe is supposed to serve 8. Good luck with that!
Ingredients

FRIES:
4 large russet potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
3 Tbsp. EVOO
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

SAUCE:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 strips bacon, diced and fried until crisp
2 Tbsp. chopped scallion

How to make it

Preheat grill to medium
Toss potato wedges with oil, salt, and pepper.
Grill potatoes, uncovered, until tender when pierced, 10-15 minutes.
Turn potatoes halfway through to create grill marks on both sides.
Transfer potato wedges to a foil pan or baking dish; Sprinkle with Cheddar.
Turn off grill; place pan on grill to allow residual heat to melt Cheddar.
Combine mayonnaise and Dijon for the sauce in a small bowl.
Garnish with bacon and scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment