Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pesto Grilled Shrimp

This is a wonderful combination- bold flavored pesto with light and bright shrimp. I used the "Colossal" sized shrimp for this recipe. Actually, I did not have a recipe- I just "marinated" the shrimp in the pesto sauce in a zip-loc bag for about 30 minutes. Then I heated up the grill- I sprayed my saute pan that goes on the grill and heated it up too.  Then I poured out the mixture onto the hot pan. I just cooked them until they were all cooked through, turning them and mixing the sauce around as they cooked. Meanwhile, I cooked some pasta (I just grabbed garden rotini from the pantry, but I love angel hair pasta and think that would be awesome as well) and put it together at the last minute, turning the pasta to coat it with the pesto. It was de-lish! You can top with parmesan, if you like. You could definitely do this on top of the stove as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment