Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Country Style Ribs

I made this while my mom & dad were visiting. I browned 2 packages of boneless country style pork, then combined the sauces to marinate overnight. Turned on the crock pot and let it work. The result was a tender flavorful dish!

For the sauce combine 1 part of one kind of barbecue sauce, 1 part of a different kind of barbeque sauce, and 1 part apple sauce. I basically just used one kind of sauce and then had the other sauce on the table. (So I had 2 parts bbq sauce -- 2 cups, to one part apple sauce -- 1 cup). Just do enough to cover your meat in the crock pot.

It cooks on low for 7 hours. I shredded the few leftover ones for a pulled pork type sandwich. It is not necessary to marinate the meat before, I just did that so all I had to do before church was to put in on and start the crock pot. We served this with green beans and a baked potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment