Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turkey Breast Scallopini


This recipe is from one of my favorite go-to cookbooks, The Disney Family Cookbook (I think it now goes by the name of the Family Fun Magazine Cookbook). I have been making this since the girls were pretty small, so it has lasted a while now. It always comes out juicy and delicious. I serve it with garden rotini pasta and a green veggie.

Ingredients:
4 turkey breast cutlets
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
3 Tablespoons butter

Juice of half a lemon or orange

Directions:
Pat the turkey cutlets dry. Mix the cheese and bread crumbs on a plate and coat the cutlets in the mix. Heat 2 Tablespoons of the butter in a skillet on medium (I use my electric skillet on 350°) and add the cutlets. Brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, and transfer to a platter. Deglaze the pan adding the lemon juice, and scraping up the browned bits into the sauce. Turn off the heat and swirl in the remaining butter. Pour the sauce over the turkey and serve immediately. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment