Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins


These little babies are so good. Just one more reason why I love Fall! I make these every October (November and December,too). I have two different recipes for these, but this one is the fastest because it starts with a yellow cake mix. You could frost these, but I almost always leave them plain. That is the way my girls like them! This is more of a cupcake than muffin, but oh well!

Pumpkin Gems (Cupcake Style)

1 yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/2-cup oil
1-teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 can (15oz) pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350°. Blend all ingredients together. Fill paper lined mini muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool. These may be frosted with vanilla butter cream or cream cheese frosting.

Here is the other pumpkin recipe (the original I started making in college. I got the recipe for them from a family I babysat for every Friday night.) They have a more muffin/quick bread texture. In fact, I think you can make it in loaves as pumpkin bread.

Pumpkin Muffins (Original)

Preheat 350°
Cream together:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1-cup oil
1 can pumpkin

Blend in:
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
(pumpkin pie spice may be
substituted for cinnamon)

Bake in mini muffin size 15 minutes
20 for regular size muffins

These muffins may also be frosted
with cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment