Thursday, September 9, 2010

BYOSF


I am such a recipe girl, it almost scares me to cook without one. We have been to several build your own stir fry restaurants and I have really craved it at home. I did glance at a few real recipes and noticed they did follow a certain formula. I had on hand in the freezer some smaller portions of chicken, pork tenderloin and petite sirloin steak (left over from the fondue meal), so I decided to use it for a build your own stir fry night. Great results! Everyone got to cook their own and it was really fun. Start by heating up the pan and spray with non-stick spray. Add in as much meat as you would like, all cut in smaller pieces so they cook quickly. When the meat is done on the outside, add in the veggies. You can use the frozen mix specifically designed for stir-fry that has water chestnuts. Or you can just use what you like! There are all sorts of options-- I used all broccoli with my beef. Madison used regular mixed veggies with her pork and Jared used the oriental veggie mix. In with the veggies add about 1/2 cup of stir-fry sauce. I used a teriyaki marinade, others used a bottled stir-fry sauce. Stir and mix around and then cover and steam cook until the veggies are tender, just a few more minutes. I had cooked rice before, so you could mix it in at the end if you wanted fried rice style or just put your stir fry on top of the steamed rice. I loved it and it was a great way to use up small amounts of meat and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment