Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Rotini

Notice I am trying a lot of new recipes this week with the word "cheesy" in the title. I can do that while the non cheese lover is out of town. Tomorrow we are going for "Four Cheese" in the dish. Tonight I did this recipe from Velveeta, so technically it may not be real cheese, but it is "cheesy". This recipe also fits my favorite category of one-pot dishes. Makes clean-up much easier. One note, I only had broccoli and cauliflower combo in my freezer, so that's what I used (no carrots).

1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups water
3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend
1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

COOK and stir chicken in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 5 min. or until no longer pink.
STIR in water. Bring to boil. Add pasta; stir. Cover; simmer on medium-low 10 min. or until pasta is tender.
ADD remaining ingredients; stir. Cook, covered, 5 to 7 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment